Protect Your Employees & Your Assets.
This qualification is suitable for people working in a Work Health and Safety (WHS) role who work to provide leadership and guidance to others and have some limited responsibility for the output of others.
The qualification reflects the role of workers who apply a broad knowledge base and well developed skills in a wide variety of contexts and may include coordinators, advisors and facilitators. Enrolment of participants will be subject to meeting the following requirements:
• Must be 18 years of age or over; and
• Successful completion of Year 12 or its equivalent
Prospective participants with demonstrated competency in applicable units through industry experience may apply for recognition of prior learning (RPL).
This Qualification requires the successful achievement of 10 Units of Competency (UOC) in accordance with the following rules.
• Five (5) compulsory core UOC; plus
• Five (5) elective UOC, of which:
• Three (3) elective units must be selected from Group A, from the Business Services Training package for this qualification;
• Two (2) may be from Group A or Group B from the Business Services Training package for this qualification;
• If not listed in the qualification electives, one (1) elective may be from Certificate III or Diploma from any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
No specific requirements for language and literacy skills are listed for the Training Package but individual units of competency may outline specific minimum language and literacy requirements. All programs will be delivered in English.
All participants, at the earliest possible time under Academy supervision, will be subjected to a paper test for Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN)
The results of this test will not to be used as a barrier for the participant but as an indicator of the support that the participant may need during a study program. If a participant were to score zero in all categories, it will require referral to a specialist agency for further investigation to determine appropriate pathways for the desired study program.
After achieving the BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety candidates may undertake and will be eligible to undertake a range of other qualifications including:
- BSB51315 Diploma of Work Health and Safety; and/or
- BSB60215 Advanced Diploma of Business; and/or
- BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management.