This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts. Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements. They plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
Enrolment of participants will be subject to meeting the following requirements:
• Must be 18 years of age or over; and
• Successful completion of Year 12 or its equivalent
Prospective participants with demonstrated competency in applicable units through industry experience may apply for recognition of prior learning (RPL).
This Qualification requires the successful achievement of 12 Units of Competency (UOC) in accordance with the following rules.
• Four (4) compulsory core UOC; plus
• Eight (8) elective UOC, of which:
• Four (4) elective units must be selected from Group A, from the Business Services Training package for this qualification;
• Up to four (4) may be additional units from Group A or Group B from the Business Services Training package for this qualification;
• If not listed in the qualification electives, up to two (2) electives may be from Diploma or above in the Business Services Training Package
If not listed in the qualification electives, one (1) elective unit may be from any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course at Diploma level.
No specific requirements for language and literacy skills are listed for the Training Package but individual units of competency may outline specific minimum language and literacy requirements. All programs will be delivered in English.
All participants, at the earliest possible time under Academy supervision, will be subjected to a paper test for Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN)
The results of this test will not to be used as a barrier for the participant but as an indicator of the support that the participant may need during a study program. If a participant were to score zero in all categories, it will require referral to a specialist agency for further investigation to determine appropriate pathways for the desired study program.